Frequently Asked Questions

F.A.Q for students
Our ProgramsOur Conditions

1. Is there an internship Fee?

Yes, there is a fee that students have to pay. The amount depends on the duration of the internship, its location and the type of internship.

2. What do we offer?

AIE Internship offers you the chance to do an internship in our company or in other companies in Ireland, Belfast, Spain, Poland, Germany, Italy, Rumania and Turkey. We also offer online internships. The working language for all our programmes is English, but we also offer programmes in Italian and Spanish languages

3. When do I have to pay this Fee?

You have to pay it at the beginning of the internship, but never in advance. *(See below policy for students that need visa, last minute applications, one year in advance applications, post mail policy)

4. What other services offers the Fee?

  • A fast admission process.
  • You can choose when to start and finish the period of your internship.
  • All documentation related to the Erasmus+ programme.
  • A recommendation letter.
  • Flexibility during the internship.
  • Any other educational agreement.
  • Advice for finding accommodation.

5. What is the minimum stay to do the internship?

To make sure you get the most from your experience, we usually do not arrange internships for less than two months. To maximise the benefits of your internship, we would recommend a duration of up to 6 months.

6. Can I do curricular and extracurricular internship?

Yes, both possibilities are available

7. Is it a paid internship?

Not, therefore we always recommend the customer to ask in his / her educational center if they have the Erasmus + program, this grant will help you fund your internship.

8. If there is any problem with the company and the intern, which is AIE-internship’s role ?

In the unlikely moment when this problem comes, we suggest you to contact us. First of all, we will analyze the problem to figure it out. If this doesn’t work, AIE-Internship will find you other company to do your internship free of charge

1. Where should I go to join the Erasmus program?

To join the Erasmus mobility program, you have to apply for it through an educational institution (Higher Education Institution, HEI). To do it, your educational institution should be granted by the European Union Center (EUC). If you are at the university, you can ask for information in the international affairs’ office; and, if you are at no-university center, you can ask to the Erasmus coordinator at your institution.

2. For how long can I do my Erasmus internship ?

If you are at the university, you can do your internship from 3 to 12 months. If you are in a superior grade formative, the minimum length is for 2 months.

3. Can I extend the internship period ?

You can do it as long as the following requirements are met:

– Both the home institution and the hosting company must allow it during the internship period.

– The extension must be immediately after the Erasmus Plus period and must take place during the present academic year. There cannot be interruptions (holidays are not considered as “interruptionsâ€).

– The maximum length should be 12 months.

– Any period, extension included, cannot be longer than the 30th September of the present academic year.

The extension should rely on the pertinent “academic recognitionâ€. In the superior grade formative, it cannot be longer than the FCT period.roulette 222

4. Which requirements are needed to apply for the internship in companies?

You should be an enrolled student in a Higher Education Institution, which must be granted by the European Union Centre (EUC). Your studies should allow you to get a university degree (degree, master or doctorate) or a superior grade formative one, regardless your study’s field. Higher Arts education (music, dance, Drama, conservation and restoration of cultural heritage, visual arts and design) and sport technician studies are included as well.

5. Can I join the program even though if Idon´t have the nationality of the country I’m studing in?

Yes, you can apply for the Erasmus Plus program as long as you own a nationality of a PAP country, or third countries. In this case, you must prove you have a valid residence permit to live in the desired country during the mobility period.

6. How many times can I do the Erasmus internship?

Usually, just once. During your degree, you can join the Erasmus twice: one for a studies mobility, and another for the internship mobility. You can apply again the Erasmus program, as an exception, if your mobility has been interrupted due to force majeure and it hasn’t reach the minimum stay (2 or 3 months according to the studies).

7. How much is the Erasmus+ grant ?

Every year, the European Commission publishes the official list of the grants. It is explained the quantity assigned to each country according to the total amount of grants on each of them. The countries are divided into 3 groups (A, B and C) according to the GDP of each of them. On the other hand, there are supplementary grants (compatible with the Erasmus Plus program) in some countries to help students with their mobility. It depends on the students’ marks, incomes and the country they are studying in.

8. Can I interrupt the mobility period ?

The mobility period can be interrupted if the company is closed during vacation period. The grant won’t be interrupted during this closing period, but it won’t be counted to reach the minimum internship period.

9. Do I need any insurance to do my internship ?

Every student must have full health cover, corporate civil liability insurance and accident insurance in the European countries. The insurance can be different according to the internship.

Your home institution must provide you all the information about these issues. Sometimes, depending on the internship, the company can ask you for a specific insurance.

Can I just take out the language course services?

Yes. In fact, our agency started working with those services, so that, we offer packs to study languages abroad too

Visa for Turkish students

If you come from Turkey and you want to come to the European Schengen Area you will need a visa along with your passport.

You should consider that it will take some time for consulates to issue a visa. Therefore, we strongly recommend you to apply for it with enough time in advance before your internship begins.

If you are a Turkish citizen holding a green passport you don’t need a visa for entering the EU for a maximum period of three months. You should consider that also other passports allow people to enter the European Schengen Area without visa, such as an American passport.

1. Do you already lives in the EU ?

If you already live in the EU Schengen Area, you may not neet a visa for your stay in other EU Schengen Area country. Also if you are an EU citizen you don’t need visa for entering and living in other EU country. Imagine that you are a Turkish student living in Poland, and willing to do an internship in Spain. In this case you should verify when your visa for Poland expires. If the period of your internship is within the valid period of your visa, you don’t need to get a visa for Spain. In case your visa expires before or during your stay in Spain, you will need a visa.

2. Are you planning to come to Ireland ?

The Irish case is different from the other countries. In case you are a non-EU citizen living in an EU country, you will need a visa to come to Ireland. There is no free access for foreigners living in other EU country. Irish visa procedure is more complex than the Spanish.

When applying for a visa and Erasmus programme

If you are applying for a visa, take into account all documents you should submit. If you are coming to do an Erasmus internship, never forget that Erasmus plus programme, even if is for doing an internship, is an educational programme. Therefore, when applying for a visa, never state that you are coming to work. You are coming to do an internship under an Educational programme of the European Union. We consider that a visa for studies is more suitable.

We issue acceptance letters addressed to consulates and for visa procedures too. In this letter we mention important information for the internship programme, such us duration, office location, contact person details, etc. All this information is useful for visa applications. Therefore, we strongly recommend students to submit in their visa application all necessary documentation.

Visa and not Erasmus programme

If you are coming without the Erasmus plus programme, you should consider the visa procedure. We recommend students outside the EU willing to do an internship in Europe, to stay only a maximum three-month period, and to get a tourist visa. This is so because if you apply for an internship visa you will need to submit a lot of documentation, and in the worse case the consulate won’t admit any application. Some consulates will require the host company to get an internship permit from immigration office in the correspondent EU country. AIE-Internship doesn’t offer this kind of service because the procedure is costly and slow.

Approximate living expenses and more


Dublin is one of the most popular cities in Europe, and its living expenses are reflecting this position. In terms of food prices, basic lunch price is around 11 EUR. Try to avoid touristy places if you want to save some money.

When talking about weekly shopping, the average price is 80-100 EUR if you choose to shop in local low price grocery shops such as Lidl, Aldi or Tesco. You can find variety of quality products for a reasonable prices.

Bus transportation costs from 1,55 EUR to 3,8 EUR, but you need to keep in mind that the price is calculated by distance. The tram fares range from €2.10 for one zone up to €3.30 for 8 zones. If you are interested in a monthly ticket, it will cost 140 EUR and it provides unlimited travel.

Accommodation: However, Dublin is well known for the difficulty to find a rent accommodation. For the last several years, Dublin has been fighting with housing crisis. There is an increased demand for rental places, which resulted in Dublin being in the world’s 10 most expensive places to rent. For example, a rented furnished two-bedroom flat in around 2000 EUR/month.
People are using Facebook groups and online websites for finding accommodation. Few of the most used ones are and Sometimes you can find shared rooms (3 beds in a room) for 400 EUR a month with all basic services included.


If you want to come to Madrid take into account:

Currency: In Spain the currency is Euros €.

Transport: Madrid has a good public transport. If you are under 26 years old, you just have to get the transport card and to pay 20€ for using all public transport (buses and trains) for 30 days. This is the website to book an appointment and get the card: (Is in Spanish, so you should translate it into English with google)

Food: Usually is cheap. In Madrid you can find restaurants and supermarkets with a broad range of prices.

Accommodation: Prices varies depending on where you want to be in Madrid. Prices for a room with basic services included (also internet), varies from 350 € till whatever you want to pay. You can stay 40 or 50 minutes from the centre of Madrid and maybe find a room for less 350 €. If you are under 26 years old, you won’t spend a lot of money commuting.
When booking a room, we recommend you not to make big deposits in advance. Pictures may also be fake in important websites. Therefore, try to make sure and find trustable agencies and landlords.
Here are some websites useful to find a room in Madrid:–Spain


Sicily is a famous tourist destination which attracts thousands of tourists every year thanks to its cultural and artistic heritage. despite this, the cost of living in Sicilian cities is very low. The average cost for weekly shopping about 50 euros, the ticket for a bus costs around 1.50 euros, a room in a shared apartment costs between 100 and 200 euros while an entire apartment costs around 500 euros. to find an accomodation you can use pages like , or or you can serach in one of the many facebook groups