About the internship:
AIE-Ireland is offering Photograper internship in its own photograper department or our partner companies. You can apply if you are studying or already finished studies. Your daily internship activities will include
- Access our e-learning platform an effective online education platform that offers photograper material, case studies, tests, video tutorials, ebooks.
- Control and operate the equipment. You must have the ability to handle photographic equipment of any type (analog or digital). This involves, among other skills, knowing the use of lenses and filters, knowing what is the right type of camera for each type of photography, knowing how to use tripods, zooms, or light microscopes.
- Prepare budgets and invoicing. It is one of the tasks that you will perform if you carry out this profession on your own. You must adapt to the client’s budget and know the market rates to be competitive.
- Know the photographic industry. It is important that as a professional you are aware of all the new techniques, trends and that you thoroughly know the ins and outs of the industry to offer a different and attractive job.
- Supervision tasks. In the event that you lead a team or a photo shoot or a specific event, you must supervise all team members to ensure that the work goes well and the result is perfect.
- The originality. Creativity is vital in this profession.
- Classify photographic files. After a session you must optimize and classify the analog or digital files. You can process photographic film, in addition to retouching images with digital programs, producing new digitized images or retouching negatives. The subsequent production tasks of these photographs also depend on you, for example in the event of an exhibition, its treatment and maintenance.
- Coordinate technical needs. This function includes choosing the appropriate locations, such as the type of light, the type of camera, or determining the composition of the images or the context in which the photographic session will take place. In addition, you must coordinate the people who act as a model, their clothing, postures, scenes, etc.
- You will be invited to attend social meetings with other international trainees.
- The working language is English (Spanish is also available) During the internship you will be mentored by a business manager.
*Keep in mind that this internship doesn’t require any years of experience, hence offers no financial compensation.
What’s included in the program?
- A fast admission process.
- You can choose when to start and finish the period of your internship.
- All documentation related to the Erasmus+ programme.
- A recommendation letter.
- Flexibility during the internship.
- Any other educational agreement.
- Advice for finding accommodation.