Translation & Interpretation
About the internship:
AIE Ireland is offering Traslation & Interpretation internship in its own management department or our partner companies. You can apply if you are studying or already finished studies. Your daily internship activities will include
- Access our e-learning platform an effective online education platform that offers Traslator material, case studies, test, video tutorials, ebook of Traslator.
- Professionally analyze, create and review all types of texts and determine values in parameters of linguistic variation and textual function.
- Being able to analyze and synthesize all kinds of texts and discourses in the working languages.
- Analyze textual functions, agents and relevant factors in the translation and interpretation process.
- Being able to establish all kinds of hypotheses of correspondence of various textual and discursive levels.
- Know the tools for assisted translation and localization.
- Know the basic tools of interpretation.
- Know the techniques and professional computing tools.
- Know the current translation trends and other interdisciplinary approaches.
- Know the historical background of the discipline.
- Know the linguistic coding and decoding processes associated with the translation and interpretation processes.
- Know the agents and factors of the translation processes.
- Know how to apply the economic, professional and market aspects of translation and interpretation.
- Be able to apply the professional computer tools of translation and interpretation.
- Know how to apply editing techniques, layout and textual revision.
- Organize work and manage and coordinate translation and interpretation projects.
- Being able to apply theoretical knowledge to practice.
- Being able to design translation and interpretation projects.
- Be able to apply translation and interpretation skills.
- Being able to apply quality standards in professional practice.
- Apply computer-assisted translation tools.
- Apply knowledge about searching for information and documentation.
- Create and manage terminology databases.
- Know how to apply specialized and professional metalanguage.
- Being able to use memory effectively in the short, medium and long term.
- Be able to effectively apply bonding and note taking techniques.
- Know and use the concepts and discourses of specific areas of the profession
- To attend professional meetings when necessary
- You will be invited to attend social meetings with other international trainees.
- The working language is English (Spanish is also available) During the internship you will be mentored by a business manager.
*Keep in mind that this internship doesn’t require any years of experience, hence offers no financial compensation.
What’s included in the program?
- A fast admission process.
- You can choose when to start and finish the period of your internship.
- All documentation related to the Erasmus+ programme.
- A recommendation letter.
- Flexibility during the internship.
- Any other educational agreement.
- Advice for finding accommodation.